Thursday, February 4, 2010

Not an apprentice anymore

8 strips outta the 20 some I wove of this pattern.

Despite never enjoying it a friend convinced me to do Sunday’s 2nd reading at church on short notice. He gave me a slip of paper with 1st Corinthians 12:31, 13:13 on it. “Wow, I’ll do it if it’s that short.” “Yes, it’s small small.”
I do the whole procession in and it’s been lights out for days so no microphone; both not favorites. I go and read my lines that didn’t make too much sense but lots of the bible is like that to me and was pleased because I didn’t stutter and was audible. I even spoke slower and remembered to say “The word of the Lord” unlike last time. The Eve translation was going on a bit longer than mine I noticed. Things are just longer in Eve right? A lot longer….? Like 10 times longer?
Turns out it was 12:31-13:13, not 12:31, 13:13. Who would think it was just 2 verses? Me.
I read: “Set your hearts, then, on the more important gifts. Best of all, however, is the following way. (skip to 13:13) Meanwhile these three remain: faith, hope, and love; and the greatest of these is love.”
I skipped 12 verses about Love that are like the most read verses at weddings. You know the whole Love is patient and kind; it is not jealous, it’s eternal stuff. I kinda like my version better.

Projects are moving a little bit again which is a vast improvement over the last few weeks.
The NGO building our visitor’s centre came to Kpetoe for a meeting to approve the land and agree on our signboards and their location. The say by end of the month the signboards will be ready and by end of the year the visitor’s centre will be done. These seem a bit ambitious considering how long it takes me to get things done here but they have a little more push than me hopefully.The big men approving the site for the centre.

After almost a month of searching we got the 6 loads of sand we needed to take the next step on the basketball court.
Hard to see but they are paving the road to market so the entire thing is lined w/dirt, hense the lack of availability of trucks.

Sunday was a huge football day for my teams. It was a great atmosphere but Arsenal got owned by Man U and the Blackstars lost in the championship match of the African Cup of Nations. At least the Blackstars looked good.

“Your lizard looks like a goat.”-Bright about a Motif on the cloth I just finished.
the lizard is red in the middleish.

Warning: over 2 mins long. just skip to the end if you want to see what i'm actually weaving

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

You're getting quick, DV...do you count when you weave or do you just do what feels right?

And you would read the first verse and the last verse, even if it doesnt make any sense - LOL!