Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My water’s been out for a few days which just means living off the water in my barrel for a while. I only have a few cups since usually I do dishes after each meal because the ants will attack if you don’t. With water out I didn’t do dishes after dinner last night and only had one cup for this morning. After my run I made up some Propel and a neighbor boy about 6 years old comes up to me. They like to try American things so I go to make him some Propel and realize I’m outta cups. So I grab my Michigan double shot glass and fill it up with Propel (which is clear) for him, hand it to him, and we hit glasses on my front porch. As soon as we go to drink my neighbor comes out of his bungalow. “For Daniel, It is too early for that and he is too young!”

2 comments:

melodramaticnihilism said...

I'm jealous of the life you're currently leading...

I saw your article in the GV magazine...and it's exactly what I want to be doing...in Ghana, in the peace corps...I can't wait.

God Bless you Danny.

Lindsey said...

you were in GV magazine? Too bad I've never gotten a copy of that :(