Monday, April 20, 2009

1/4 the way through already

Last week a few of my favorite PCVs and I went to the capital to get packages, heck ya!, and do some legit work. Adam and I went to the Ghana Tourist Board and had a really great meeting with one of the big men; he even drove us to our next meeting. I spent a good couple hours catching up on things on fast internet for Africa. It’s hard when most of my work involves the internet and it’s just so unreliable around here. It’s getting better, speaking of which they are now putting up a 4th cell phone tower in Kpetoe. Along with work we also had some fun. On separate occasions I had a ham sandwich, pizza, a cinnamon roll, and a burger. We also went to the only movie theatre in the country. It was seriously like being home, can’t even explain how weird it was.
I definitely am going through baseball withdrawal. Summer isn’t summer without the Tigers on in the background. I’m going to miss 3 World Series, that’s like uber mortal sin.
We sign our constitution this Sunday and hopefully will make some progress on our next step, rubbish bin placement. I also introduced my mom’s stationary idea to the weavers and other PCVs already have some, I think they will really sell great, awesome work Ma. Between that, visitor center stuff, getting estimates for the basketball court, and weaving (made my first cut and I had 13 strips) I’ve actually been kinda busy, which is great. I just hope things keep going as well as they have. Yesterday we almost doubled our sales so far this year with over 830 cedi sold to some Ghanaians visiting from Accra since the President was in Ho.

No comments: