Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Blog Set-up

First blog attempt so bare with me.
I leave for Philly on September 27th. I will spend 3 days there training and receiving vaccinations. On the 29th we will bus to New York, where we have a direct flight to Accra, the capital of Ghana. We spend a few days there, including a reception at the the residence of the U.S. ambassador. Then, for 5 days I will shadow a current Volunteer. From there we move to Techiman where I will live with a family for 9 weeks of training.

My mailing address for the 10-week pre-service training will be:
Daniel Vainner, PCT
Peace Corps/Ghana
P.O. Box 5796
Accra-North, Ghana
West Africa

Letters would be absolutely amazing. Please number the letters and date them so we can get a feel for how long mail service takes and how often they "lose" the letters.

I will not know too much about my assignment until 3 weeks into training when they assign me to my site. All I know right now is that it will be Business Advising of some sort. My assignment will determine if I have a cell phone with constant reception, availability of the internet, and if I have power or running water.

The next few weeks will be hectic as I try to see as many people as I can and get all of my legalities in order. I've already said good-bye to Scotty, Malcolm, Lindsey, and Ry-Guy and it's not too much fun. I have had the best summer ever due to the fact that I knew I was leaving however.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job Danny boy this will be prefect to keep track of my fav GVSU graduate, Africa bound brother!
love ya,
Beth

Anonymous said...

Yes danny this will be "perfect" to keep track of you. Good luck brother.
Love you favorite Bro - in - law,
Andrew