Sunday, September 21, 2008

Under a Week

My 9 week training is now going to be in the booming metropolitan area that is Kukurantumi. I tried looking for it on a few maps and it took a while to find one with it on it. We will not be doing the traditional training method in classroom but rather live in community do most of our learning individually, only meeting with the other trainies like once a week. My language lessons are coming along pretty well due to Renee's cassettes, Twi is a fun language.

My family and friends have been way too good to me. Katie, Amanda, Mexican Lightning and Cody organized a going away party and presents that I can't describe how they made me feel. These 4 are all you could ever dream of as friends. You ever think that there should be different levels for the word "thanks"? When a server (I always wanted to be a server) refills your coffee cup you say "thanks". When we pray we're like "thanks for everything". I'm just saying that I don't think that word does justice to how we really feel sometimes yet we use it so casualy others. Matt Maletich also gave me the most witty presents I have ever recieved. For example, a lighter with "use to create fire to make bush people think you are a god." I have been awed by how far people have traveled or how much they'd do to be able to say goodbye.

I expect that teaching euchre will not be an easy task and I won't have Lisa to table talk with. Other than that I'm trying to limit my expectations. I did have a nightmare that all my fellow volunteers were middle aged men but I don't think that counts as an expectation. Mailing addresses for people who would like letters would be great before I leave. That way I'm writing people that want to be written and not just to mom, she'll be getting plenty.


"I'm at the safest spot on the course." -Doc King while standing next to the pin before I try a chip shot in the father/son scramble today.

No comments: