Thursday, October 23, 2008

About a week ago it was pretty rough but now thing's are much better.

The Red Sox losing has really been the only negative thing. I got my ball and gloves out a few nights ago and played catch with Kwocie. For never having played he was pretty good. It felt like back in the day when Dad and I would play catch out in the front yard. I'm making progress in Eve even though instead of saying "I have 3 siblings" I said "I have 3 girlfriends."

I didn't know I was the only accountant here until we went over bookkeeping. It looks like despite sleeping through most my college classes, I still got the just of the topics. The cool thing here is that it's the basics that need improving meaning the stuff I've learned is applicable whereas in the US a lot of it is automatically done.

The days go by quickly, we've already been gone almost a month. I take it one week at a time. Church every Sunday is nice to relax. I do find it hilarious that they even take a second collection here for "a mission." Where the heck do they send their money?

'That's quality you just can't get at home.' Marcus one night when the egg sandwich lady took the oil she put in the pan and put it back in the container for next use, adding flavor.

2 comments:

Mary W said...

Hey-Grandpa Vainner reused the french fry oil over and over and over...just added more-never changed it! Look how we all turned out! A bunch of happy Polish folks! Stay happy...
Aunt Mary

Anonymous said...

ROTFL!!! I wish you all could have seen the look on Mark's face when he saw Mary's comment!!! He said, "I was adopted..." I can't stop laughing...
LOVE THIS BLOG!!!
xxoo
Aunt Suzanne